General Camp Volunteer
Can’t spend the entire summer at camp? This position is the perfect way to volunteer for a week and get a taste for every part of camp. Help where you are needed most and experience the magic of camp!
- Jump in whenever and wherever you are needed – work in the kitchen, take pictures, do laundry, help with small maintenance projects or yard work, participate in camp activities, do basic office assistance, help with housekeeping, be part of set-up and take down of camp activities
- Assist with travel day check-in and check-out processes
- Set-up the Club Meds (health center) area before the intake of camper meds
- Help create an accepting atmosphere filled with love and understanding
If you love to cook and want to share your talent with our camp family, this is the position for you. As head cook some of your responsibilities include:
- Cooking meals for up to 150 people
- Ensure that all food is prepared in accordance with food safety guidelines and to the standards of One Heartland, including special diets/allergies
- Precise management of meal preparation and serving times
- Communicate with the National Camp Director and relay information regarding kitchen staff, supplies, equipment, etc.
- Have fun and make lasting memories
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to cook for up to 150 people and STILL have loads of fun? Then come to work at a summer camp and experience it yourself! Primary responsibilities are to assist the head cook with meal preparation and assist with cleaning of all areas in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assist with the preparation and cooking of meals for up to 150 people
- Ensure that all food is prepared in accordance with all food safety guidelines
- Prepare food to One Heartland standards and individual and groups special needs/allergies
- Clean kitchen, dining hall and dishes as assigned
- Assist in managing meal preparation and serving times
Do you enjoy cleaning and organizing? Then this job is for you, because with over 100 people at camp during any one camp session, camp is bound to need someone like you! You will be truly appreciated by staff and campers alike. As housekeeper you work behind the scenes to help keep the facility safe, clean and welcoming. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Vacuuming and sweeping small individual and large group areas, including stairways, retreat rooms and hallways
- Laundry (washing, drying, and folding of clothing and bedding)
- Cleaning individual and group bathrooms and shower houses
- Have fun and make lasting memories
Can you get the perfect shot to capture the magic of camp? Then we need you! Your skills will help us tell the story of what camp is all about. Primary photography areas include:
- All 14 skill areas (Archery, Art and Crafts, Canoeing and more!)
- Staff leading and teaching activities
- Kitchen staff and Club Meds Volunteers hard at work
- Smiling faces of campers, staff, leadership and guests
- Posed and candid shots
- Scenery of our beautiful 93-acre facility
Are you a natural at fixing things? Do you enjoy yard work? Then come to camp and share your talents with us this summer. In this position, you will have the opportunity to be outside and keep our camp facility and grounds safe for everyone at camp. Responsibilities include:
- Light duty repairs to equipment and buildings
- Changing light bulbs
- Daily checks like the pool area, temperatures of refrigerators and freezers and bathrooms
- General yard work like mowing, weed whipping, raking, etc.
Thank you so much for scrolling through all the positions offered at One Heartland! All of us working together makes such an impact on kids who need it most. Please apply below. If you have questions please contact Allison Jones, Program Coordinator at email@example.com or call 218.372.3988.
Step One: Click below to apply online…you’ve got this! Don’t wait – we need you!
Step Two: Complete the background form, allowing us to process your application quickly. https://oneheartland.quickapp.pro/
Step Three: Once your online application has been completed you will receive a confirmation email. You will then receive an email from Allison Jones, our Program Coordinator, to set up a video conference or in-person interview.